In 1987, Oxnard Tennis Center Won the USTA Outstanding Facilities Award
OUTSTANDING TENNIS FACILITY AWARDS
Using the criteria listed below, recognition will be given to outstanding public
tennis facilities under the jurisdiction of (1) a parks and recreation
department, (2) an education institution, (3) a non-profit corporation, or (4)
privately and commercially owned and operated USTA organizational member
facilities with USTA and other growth programs open to the public.
The USTA intends the recognition of such facilities to encourage increasingly
higher standards for the construction and/or renovation of public tennis
facilities throughout the country.
(1) Overall layout and adaptation to site;
(2) Excellence of court surface and lights;
(3) Ease of maintenance;
(4) Accommodations: players, spectators, press/officials;
(5) Aesthetics: graphics, use of signs, landscaping, etc.;
(6) Amenities: casual seating for spectators, food services, and social area;
(7) Programs supporting the USTA and growth of the game. Since it is
impossible to visit each facility, the jury needs to have a layout and
photographs to give proper consideration to each facility.